MonoWordBuilder beta release

Ok, I guess I’m just about ready to try this thing out.


Copy the contents of the zip into a directory of your choice and run it using:

Windows: doubleclick gtkwordbuilder.exe.

Mac/Linux: in a terminal, run the command ‘mono gtkwordbuilder.exe

You will need an install as well. On the mono web page, you can find instructions for your operating system: http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

Windows users will be able to run this with GTK# for .NET, a pretty small download.

I’d love to hear about your experiences with trying this version out on non-windows systems.

4 kommentarer til “MonoWordBuilder beta release”

Hi — I saw this post at the Zompist board. I installed Mono 2.6.3 and unzipped your program, sticking it in my home directory on my Intel Mac with OS 10.5.8. I tried to run it, but got this result:

[C22:~/monowordbuilder] kimble% mono gtkwordbuilder.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: libgtk-quartz-2.0.0.dylib
at (wrapper managed-to-native) Gtk.Application:gtk_init (int&,intptr&)
at Gtk.Application.Init () [0x00000] in :0
at gtkwordbuilder.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0

Moving the monowordbuilder folder to my Applications folder didn’t help. I was able to find libgtk-quartz-2.0.0.dylib inside of /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib, if that tells you anything.

I would appreciate any assistance you could give me. Thanks!

Thanks for checking it out!

I’m sorry for being useless mac-wise. The best I could find on this was actually on http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:OSX :

For GTK# applications, it’s easiest to run them the same way but using xterm from X11.app

A MacOS X specific Mono launcher was in development but its status is unclear today
—-End Quote—-

Could you try this? Assuming you have this X11 stuff. It seems GTK isn’t entirely as cross-platform as I’d like it to be. Heh.

Running from xterm gave the same error. I tried reinstalling X11 from my installation DVD, but now X11 is crashing on startup because *it* can’t find the right .dylib files. It looks like I need to figure out what to change the $PATH variable to. Whee! 🙂

Fortunately, other comments I’ve read point toward your procedure working for most people. Also, I have Windows computers I can run WordBuilder on. 🙂 If I get the Mac version working, though, I’ll let you know. Thanks for your time!

A friend of mine is going to let me borrow an old mac he has, hopefully it’ll run OS X so I can try getting it working, maybe make a nice mac app package out of it.

Thanks for giving it a shot, at least.

Skriv et svar

Din e-mailadresse vil ikke blive publiceret. Krævede felter er markeret med *