Oh my blog! Whee!

Wrong by design

  • apr 15

    Ok, I guess I’m just about ready to try this thing out.

    http://whee.dk/wordbuilder/monowordbuilder.zip

    Copy the contents of the zip into a directory of your choice and run it using:

    Windows: doubleclick gtkwordbuilder.exe.

    Mac/Linux: in a terminal, run the command ‘mono gtkwordbuilder.exe

    You will need an install as well. On the mono web page, you can find instructions for your operating system: http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html

    Windows users will be able to run this with GTK# for .NET, a pretty small download.

    I’d love to hear about your experiences with trying this version out on non-windows systems.

  • apr 13

    I’ve changed the design of the web site, hopefully for the better. Thanks to Herdo for the nice theme.

    Also, I’ve set up a phpBB for the forums. Old posts are not lost, just not publicly available. If you want them, let me know and I’ll see what I can do to move them across.

  • apr 7

    Ok, I think I now have a very basic version of GtkWordBuilder – WordBuilder implemented in a cross-platform gui system. It lacks line numbering and syntax highlighting, but it should be able to run under linux, mac, windows, whatever you can run mono and Gtk# under.

    For this project of translating and reimplementing WordBuilder, I decided to try Test-Driven Development, so there’s also a bunch of unit tests. Not for everything, but still. There’s no unit tests for the commands, but all in good time. I feel I’ve made quite some progress here.

    Here’s a screenshot of my latest build. Still not sure how to package, but the source is available at github.